The Legends Program is for those athletes who are typically 65 and over. We’ve listened to what this age group is saying and we’ve designed a program from top to bottom with their needs and wants being our driving force.
Although all of our functional fitness classes are designed to accommodate Any athlete of Any age and Any fitness level, we’ve heard our 65+ crowd and made a few changes.
- Smaller class size
- Lighter, brighter space
- Graduating sizes of equipment to accommodate joints with more miles
- Music is at a low level so you can hear the instruction
- More time allotted for Warm-Up at the beginning and Stretching at the end of the class
- Coaches who are educated on aging as it pertains to fitness
- A community of similarly aged athletes within the class.
As with all of our functional fitness classes, the basics are the same – functional movement to help you live the life you want. We all benefit from staying FUNCTIONAL – LONGER. Being able to lift the dog food bag, step up onto a higher step, get ourselves back up after being on the ground/floor, getting in and out of a seated position without assistance. These are all struggles as we age…but we can surely minimize them, or at least stave them off as long as possible. No matter what age you are – 65 or 105, we can help. Give yourself that opportunity.
If you are 65+ and are interested in learning more, our Legends class intro course is set to start on April 1st. The cost is $129 plus tax and you can click the link below to sign up!